Are YOU looking for a summer job?
Something a bit different? Like the outdoors? Have you just finished Uni? Or looking for something over the summer months to earn some pennies?Kayak-King are recruiting 🙂 …read on to find out more info…
We are looking for an assistant kayaking instructor to join our team at Kayak-King Pembrokeshire for the summer holidays.
- Full time work for 8 weeks.
- Starting date 13th July, finishing on 6th September 2015
- Hours of work: Minimum of 5 days a week, 9am-6pm, flexible days.
- Qualification requirements: Age 18+, 8 hour (1 day) first aid course.
Kayak-King offer tours along the Pembrokeshire coast in Sit on top kayaks (have a look around our website for more on what we get up to). The role of the assistant is to be there to assist in the day to day running of Kayak-King.
- Being out at sea with clients helping to ensure they are safe, comfortable and happy.
- Helping clients with their paddling skills
- Learning about wildlife and local knowledge to pass onto clients
- Loading/ unloading kayak trailer
- Helping to kit out clients
- Helping with paperwork at the harbour on busy days before going out on the water
- Washing kit at the end of the day back at Kayak-King HQ
- Having fun
- Seeing amazing wildlife moments while being out at sea!
- Repairing kit/general maintenance for Kayak-King equipment
Due to the nature of this kind of seasonal outdoor work we are looking for a person who has the ability to be flexible with days of work from week to week. (Minimum of 5 days a week, with the opportunity at times to do more days).
We are looking for fun, outgoing individuals who are up for any challenges thrown at them and don’t mind getting wet! Kayak-King tours run in nearly all weather, some days the sun is in liquid form 😉
Kayak-King will supply all gear required to be afloat on the water, so if you don’t have any gear, don’t worry…we do!
Sound like something you fancy? Pop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV attached and any water based experience you have had previously.
If you feel that you would love to have a go at this job but don’t have much experience there is an opportunity to still apply with the addition of unpaid training before the start date (13th July), so please do apply!