Kayaking videos filmed from kayaks on the Pembrokeshire coast in Wales
Caves, Marine life and and the Welsh coastal views can all be found here in our kayaking videos.
Watch our kayaking videos to get a sneak peek of what you will see on our coastline……
Kayaking into caves here at Kayak-King is one of our favourite things to do…
We love the marine life and sometimes if we are luckily the marine life comes and loves us too!
This is a short kayaking video showing how the Atlantic grey seals play with our kayaks on the Wales coastline.
VIEW THE ATLANTIC GREY SEALS WITH KAYAK-KING
The Pembrokeshire coast has a 5,000 strong colony of these beautiful creatures.
The Pembrokeshire coast is a haven for these magnificent creatures. If you would like to view the Atlantic grey seals contact us to book a kayaking tour today.
- Adult males in the eastern Atlantic population generally measure 1.95-2.5m in length and weigh 170-310kg, adult females measuring 1.65-2.1m in length and weighing 103-180kg. The western Atlantic grey seals tend to be about 20% heavier.
- Pups are born measuring 90-105cm in length and weighing 10-18kg, generally at the lower end of this weight range in the Baltic Sea, and at the upper end in the western Atlantic population.
- The mortality rate for pups in their first year can be as high as 30-55%. Females reach sexual maturity at 3-5 years, males at 4-6 years, although males may not attain territorial status until 8-10 years of age.
- Atlantic grey seals have been known to dive to depths of 300m and stay underwater for up to 20 minutes.
- Females normally live up to 35 years of age, males up to 25 years, individuals in the western Atlantic population generally living longer.
- The maximum recorded ages are 46 years for a female, 29 years for a male.