Kayaking Job vacancy – Seasonal kayaking guide.
Join us for fun a Kayaking job this summer with opportunities to start or progress an outdoor education career.
Kayak-King provides fantastic experiences along the Pembrokeshire coast to people all levels of experience and abilities. Our team are fun loving and professional with a wide range of knowledge in the outdoors, kayaking and the environment.
For the 2018 season, we are looking for Kayak Guides and assistant kayak guides. Please see below for more information.
- Age 18+
- BCU 4 star sea kayak.
- First aid course (Minimum 2 day).
Assistant Kayak Guide
- A love of the outdoors and a passion to learn.
Lower Town Fishguard, North Pembrokeshire.
Starts: April/May 2018
Finish: September 2018 (possible winter work depending on applicant)
Hours of work:
Minimum of 5 days a week, flexible days (overtime available).
- Full training provided
- Competitive Salary
- Staff t-shirts, Hoodies and accessories provided
- Standard kayaking kit can be borrowed (wetsuit, helmet, buoyancy aid, etc)
- Staff trade discounts available on outdoor kit.
- Having fun!
Day to day:
- Setting up the van at the beginning of the day.
- Meet and greet clients, kit up and safety briefing.
- Helping visitors with their paddling skills, give talks about local history and marine life and ensure safety on the water.
- Washing kit at the end of the day back at Kayak-King HQ.
- General maintenance of Kayak-King equipment.
Due to the nature of this kind of seasonal outdoor work we are looking for a person who has the ability to be flexible with their days of work from week to week. (Minimum of 5 days a week, with the opportunity at times to do more days).
We are looking for fun, outgoing individuals who are up for any challenges that are thrown at them and don’t mind getting wet! Kayak-King tours run in nearly all weather, some days the sun is in liquid form 😉
If you feel that you would love to have a go at this job but don’t have much experience then there is still an opportunity to apply as an assistant. We offer unpaid training to dedicated individuals, so please do apply! Kayak-King will supply all gear required to be afloat on the water, so if you don’t have any gear, don’t worry…we do!
Sound like something you fancy? Pop us an email at Ant@kayak-king.com attaching your CV with any especially relevant water based experience.